As a homeowner, you have several options when it comes to remodeling your bathroom. There are a lot of benefits to a bathroom remodel, like increasing the value of your home and making your household more energy efficient. Here are a few helpful tips for remodeling a bathroom!
- Start shopping for your fixtures (ie: vanity, tile etc.) before you book your bathroom remodel. Typically, a new bathroom takes about 5-7 days from rip out to completion. Having your fixtures before the job starts ensures your job is done in a timely manner.
- It’s important to set a budget for your bathroom remodel project; this will help control expenses and keep the project rolling.
- It’s best to hire someone who has the expertise and skills required to remodel a bathroom. You don’t want to try to do it yourself then making a bigger mess!
- The bathroom is a space in any house that is constantly being used, the arrangement and functionality for your new bathroom should be determined by who uses it the most.
- Create more storage in your bathroom. If you have multiple family members using the same bathroom it’s important that there is enough space for each person’s toiletries.
- Moisture can cause serious damage to your bathroom, make sure you get a vent fan installed that has the appropriate CFM (Cubic foot per minutes) for the square footage of your bathroom.
- Make sure the people that you hire have all their insurances and licenses up to date. Many plumbers, electricians and tile contractors do not have the proper insurance.
If you are interested in getting your bathroom remodeled by experts, contact Mark Tango plumbing at 781-944-8043.